9.2A | 2017-02-21 (Feb '17)
Go to top Release Notes Print This
· Adagio SalesCQ is now available on Adagio Cloud. Note: Mail merge is not supported on Adagio Cloud.
Quote Entry and Posting
· Adagio ePrint users can view a PDF of quotes from the Edit Quotes list.
· Adagio ePrint users can view Adagio OrderEntry and Adagio Invoices PDFs of invoices / credit notes from the item history inquiry grid on the Prices dialog for items while entering quotes.
· When a Prospect is transferred to become a Customer, and when a quote for a Prospect is transferred to an order in Adagio OrderEntry, all quotes in current and history are changed to be for the new customer.
· If you edit a quote and change the Location on the header, you are asked if you want to change the Location in all quote details. Likewise, if a quote is created from an OE order or by copying, and the customer number is changed or a quote is edited and the customer number is changed, if the new customer has a different Ship from Location the Location is changed on all quote details, not just on the quote header.
· Optional text fields in quote entry and Prospects now support validation and controls (Edit only, Combo box and Finder).
· Supports the Specific Due Date terms added previously in Adagio Receivables. Allows you set the due date to any date in the future.
· You can double-click on the Qty On Hand grid on the Edit Detail screen to select a Location to ship from for the item when entering a quote. Previously, to change the Location you had to enter or select it in the Location field.
· Added ‘Permit transfer of quotes’ option to Options in Security Groups to allow you to prevent users from transferring quotes to orders in OrderEntry.
· Improved options when copying quotes to make selection easier to understand.
· Added ‘Created By’ and ‘Last Updated By’ Date, Time and User stamp fields to quotes. They are available in grids and finders, custom reports and in GridView.
Edit and Inquiry functions
· For Adagio ePrint users, the Quote Inquiry supports viewing PDFs of open quotes.
· The Edit and View Customer functions in SalesCQ support customer changes in Receivables 9.2A. Edit and View Prospects has also been updated. RMA documents are shown in the transactions grid for OrderEntry when Adagio RMA is used.
· The View Item function in SalesCQ supports item changes in Adagio Inventory 9.2A, including showing ‘Qty. on RMA’ if Adagio RMA is used.
· For Adagio ePrint users, the Edit and View Customer functions in SalesCQ support viewing PDFs of invoices/credit notes from Adagio OrderEntry and Adagio Invoices, and open / history quotes from SalesCQ.
· For Adagio ePrint users, the Edit and View Prospect function supports viewing PDFs of open / history quotes from SalesCQ.
· For Adagio ePrint users, the Item Inquiry with Costs function in SalesCQ, Transaction History tab, supports viewing PDFs of invoices / credit notes from Adagio OrderEntry and Adagio Invoices, and open / history quotes from SalesCQ.
· The OrderEntry current and history inquiry functions in SalesCQ support customer changes in Adagio OrderEntry 9.2A.
· For Adagio ePrint users, the OrderEntry current and history inquiry functions in SalesCQ support viewing PDFs of invoices / credit notes from Adagio OrderEntry and Adagio Invoices.
Print Forms and Designer
· You can attach a PDF document (such as product literature) when emailing, faxing or printing quotes.
· Fields and objects on quote specifications can now have custom colors, with full control of hue, saturation and luminosity. Colors in the sample data specifications and templates in the designer have been updated accordingly.
· Added these new quote specification codes:
H102, quote/revision number
M18, Current user name
D101, Qty on Hand (Item)
D102, Qty on Hand (Loc)
D103, Unit Discount (D50-D51)
D104, Item Price List code
D105, Item Pricing Percentage
D106, Item number (unformatted)
D107, Base unit price per selling unit of measure
D108, Item Cost 1
D109, Item Cost 2
· Added 'Export name code' field Report Options tab in the Company Profile. It defaults to %dno. Use this field define the filename used when printing quotes to a file.
· Added Preferred Send Method on the Quotes tab for customers and prospects. Printing quotes will select only those for customers and prospects having the same Preferred Send Method set in their record as the send method you use on the print dialog. The option is ignored when printing a single quote from the grid.
· Added %CMP code (Company Name) for use by Adagio ePrint for folder names.
· Adagio SalesCQ’s standard reports are now created using Crystal Reports 2016, replacing the Crystal Reports 8.5 Print Engine (CRPE32.dll). Reports must be edited or created using Crystal Reports 2013 or higher and Adagio ODBC for access to the data files. Users will notice minor changes to some of the visual elements in the module and a new Print Preview window. The size and position of the Print Preview window are now remembered between sessions by user, so the Workstation options controlling this function have been removed.
· Fields from tables that are not in the original standard report can now be added to modified reports. There are three restrictions: 1) tables can only be added to the main report, not sub-reports; 2) only tables from 9.2A dictionaries can be used; and 3) additional tables must have physical files in the data folder.
· Installs Adagio PrintTool (PT) 9.2A. PT allows you to print / preview custom reports without needing to run Crystal Reports itself or without placing the report on the Custom Reports menu in an Adagio module, and allows reports to be placed on the Windows desktop.
· A 'Report set' button has been added to the toolbar.
· Improved options when printing reports to make selection easier to understand.
General Features and Miscellaneous
· Supports Automation when Adagio Console is installed. Automation allows you to automate functions in Adagio modules and view, print or email the results from an automation log.
· You can now start other Adagio modules from toolbar buttons showing the icon for the module. This allows easy switching between Adagio modules.
· Adagio SalesCQ now logs user activity within the module, including login/out, menu choices, create/edit and print documents. Logs may be viewed with Adagio Console or Adagio GridView.
· Grids now display the total number of records, as well as a count of the displayed records when a Filter is active. Ignore Style Color button toggles grid between no color and Style colors or no color and banding (if it is enabled in User Preferences).
· Grids may be “banded” with a User Selectable color and banding frequency set under File | User Preferences. Filter Styles may be disabled and replaced with regular banding if desired.
· Filters can now be sorted by Priority.
· Added Filter criteria 'Before today' and 'After today' for Floating Date Ranges.
· Added several new SalesCQ specific Styles for use in Filters.
· Mail merge templates have been changed to use .dotx rather than .dot files.
· Supports Transport Layer Security (TLS) / Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for secure email servers when emailing documents. Added option 'Use TLS/SSL' added to Email Setup function.
· A Listing button was added on the Group Setup window and prints all options or enabled options only for a range of groups. An Entry Templates button in the Group is now used to set up templates rather than having tabs on the Group.
· The status bar at the bottom of the main window now shows activity of various steps when the program is starting up and the database is opening.
· The Column Editor screen can be sized. The size is remembered by module on the workstation.
· Updated splash screen with new Adagio logo and colors. Updated icon and toolbar button images.
· The Data Integrity Check (DIC) saves results for the last 9 previous runs in files ACWINERR01..09.dat (where .dat is your company data file extension). The current DIC information will always be in ACWINERR. If you do check/rebuild/check without closing the DIC function the results are appended to the same file.
· Adagio SalesCQ 9.2A now installs to the \Softrak\SalesCQ folder and the program name is SalesCQ.exe. Previous versions were installed in \Softrak\ACWin and had program name ACWin.exe.
· New export templates created for Excel format default the file extension to .XLXS rather than .XLS.
· Security Groups are now supported by the Copy Definitions function in Adagio Console.
· The Open Data screen can be sized horizontally to allow you to see the full data path.
· The email password for servers that require authentication is now encrypted in the file containing email settings for the ‘Direct’ email method.
· Adagio ePrint users can view a PDF of quotes and any attached documents from the Email Queue.
· Adagio ePrint users can attach additional PDFs and other types of documents to emails in the queue, such as Word or Excel. Attachments are shown in a tree view on the Edit Email Entry dialog. Right-click on the tree to add a document. Default folders for attachments can be specified on the Reports Options tab in the Company Profile. These folders are relative to the ePrint relative folder path (or to the data folder if ePrint is not installed).
· Added Excel Direct button to email queue.
· SalesCQ now renders dialogs properly on Ultra High Resolution displays when the font size is anything other than 100% of normal on Windows 8.1 or higher. All Adagio releases dated in September 2016 and later have this problem fixed. For releases prior to this date, the utility program SetScreenForAdagio.EXE is installed in the \Softrak\System folder to correct the problem.
· The Help | About function now has a Consultant tab showing the contact information for your Adagio consultant if they have enabled this option at your site.
· The F1 key now launches Help when no windows are open.
· When quote revisions are used, quote notes made on a revised quote were saved for the previous revision.
· Discount % fields on quotes printed with 2 decimals even when Decimal Places was set to 0 in the field properties in the specification editor.
· A false message indicating price is below cost was displayed when entering quote details for items where the pricing unit is different than the stocking unit, and the ‘Display cost information on quotes’ option was off.
· When entering a quote for a ShipTo Address that has no Tax Group, the Tax Status defaulted from the Customer instead of the ShipTo Address.
· An error occurred when you created a quote for a Prospect from an OE order.
· The Detail Type for lines entered in a quote was not remembered for user SYS.
· To skip the Salesperson field in an entry template, a default no longer needs to be selected.
· Fields on Email Cover Sheets, where the same field exists in customers, prospects and quotes, such as the Salesperson, are now loaded as expected. The name of the field from the quote has been changed to include the word “Quote” (e.g. Quote Salesperson). The Prospect Data section has been removed. Use the Customer Data section instead. The fields will be loaded from the Prospect if the quote is for a Prospect. Note: you may need to adjust your existing Cover Sheets.
· SalesCQ stopped responding when a quote was emailed ‘Now’ or ‘Add to Queue’ on stations running Windows 10 “Anniversary Update” (Feature update, version 1607, or later).
· When a range of quotes was emailed from the Print Quotes function, information on the email cover sheet from the first quote was used for all quotes.
· When emailing quotes Now for Prospects, some of the Name and Contact fields were blank in the email subject and cover sheet. A mail merge from the Customer and Prospect functions had the same problem.
· The report filename codes (eg. %USR) were not being saved in report favorites.
· Import Prospects now supports formatted addresses. Address fields can now be imported to their full length. Note: not all fields in Prospects can be imported, for example statistic fields.
· The ‘Header Included?’ option in the Import Quotes function should not have been there and has been removed.
· If you started SalesCQ 8.1C from a shortcut with all command line parameters to bypass the login screen, a registration warning message was displayed, when in fact the program was registered.
8.1C | 2015-02-26 (Feb '15)
Go to top Release Notes Print This
Compatible with future release of Adagio Payables 9.2A. Earlier versions of SalesCQ will not open if Payables 9.2A data is present.
Supports shutdown by Adagio XConsole.
When an item detail is imported for a quote the Default Picking Sequence was used instead of the Picking Sequence for the Location specified in the import file.
When an OE order was created by transferring a quote, if the Picking Sequence for item details was for a Location, it reverted to the Picking Sequence for the item.
You could not save a ShipTo address in a customer if OrderEntry and Inventory are not used.
Bill To and Ship email addresses changed on a quote from the defaults in the customer were not retained when the quote was transferred to an order in OrderEntry.
8.1C | 2012-10-12 (Oct '12)
Go to top Release Notes Print This
In Adagio SalesCQ 8.1C (2012.09.17), printing or previewing a quote containing item detail lines having a Price of zero resulted in a "Floating point division by zero" error. The problem did not affect your data.
8.1C | 2012-09-17 (Sep '12)
Go to top Release Notes Print This
The changes and improvements to Adagio SalesCQ with this release are significant. To make it easier to review the various changes that have been made, we have grouped them by function in this release note.
Added Salesperson, Sales Manager, Territory, Comment 1 and Comment 2 fields to the column editor in the Edit Quotes function.
A 'Find Item' button has been added to the detail screen in the Edit Quotes function and the Item Inquiry functions. This allows you to look up items by Description.
On the BillTo / ShipTo tab, the Alt-H key now moves to the Ship To field to allow you to quickly enter a Ship To address. Useful when you ship to an address one time only so it is not worth entering a permanent ShipTo Address.
Ship-to addresses can now be added "on the fly" when entering quotes.
A note is automatically added to the new customer when a prospect is turned into a customer. For example: "Customer AAA123 was created from prospect XYZ456." If the customer is created by transfer of a quote then those numbers are included. For example: "Customer AAA123 was created from prospect XYZ456 by transfer of quote 1234-A to order 5678".
Spell check is now available on the Comment, Instruction and Text detail fields in quote entry.
Creating an order in Adagio OrderEntry from a quote now updates OE Document styles and filters.
When quotes are converted to orders the email information in the order is updated from the Invoicing tab in the customer.
Supports the ‘Active’ flag in items in Adagio Inventory 8.1C and higher in the Edit Quote and Item Inquiry functions. Added 'Active records only' flag to the Column Editor on item grids and finders. When you add an inactive item to quote a warning is displayed.
The Created By and Last Updated By User, Date and Time fields in the A/C O/E Quote Header table are now updated. These fields are accessible in GridView and Crystal Reports for Adagio. Note: These fields are not available on quote grids or finders.
You can now multi-select on the quotes details grid, allowing you to select and delete multiple lines.
Quote Entry relating to cost and profit
The Ext Cost and Ext Profit fields in the quote details are now calculated and populated when a quote is entered. In previous versions these fields existed in the table but were only used as temporary fields by reports and were always zero. A Margin field has been added to the quote details as well. These fields are available for selection on the quote details grid and in GridView. Profit and Margin quote spec fields have been added.
Ext Cost, Profit and Margin fields have been added to the quote Edit Detail screen. They are shown if 'Display cost information on quotes' is set in the Security Group or Quote Template.
The Unit Cost field on the quote Edit Detail screen now always shows the cost stored with the quote detail, rather than the current cost from the item in inventory (based on the Display Cost in previous versions), which may be different if it has changed since the quote was originally entered. Therefore the Ext Cost field always equals the Unit Cost times the Ordered quantity.
The Costing Type is now shown beside the Unit Cost and units on the Edit Detail screen.
The 'Cost to display' field was removed from the Security Group and Quote Template. Instead, the field 'Cost to use' has been added to the Quotes tab in the Company Profile. This forces the cost in all quotes, and thus also Profit and Margin, to be the same for all users across the company. Note: the cost in SalesCQ is an estimated cost - the actual cost is not determined until Day End is run in OrderEntry.
Added new option 'Cost used in costing' in the new 'Cost to use' field. If this option is selected, SalesCQ uses the costing method from the item, rather than using a specific costing method regardless of the costing method of the item.
Added a Re-cost button to the quote Edit Detail and Edit Quote screens. This allows you to re-cost individual details or an entire quote to use the current cost of the item(s) in inventory. These buttons are shown if 'Display cost information on quotes' is set in the Security Group or Quote Template.
Edits / Inquiries
Added the 'Active records only' option in the column editor for Prospect grids and finders.
The Reason code Description field has been increased from 30 to 60 characters.
The Callback code Description field has been increased from 30 to 60 characters.
If Edit Customer is disabled for a Security Group, the Customer button now opens the Customer Inquiry. Edit Notes button has been added to the View Customer grid.
If Edit Prospects is disabled, the Prospects button now opens the Prospect Inquiry.
Edit Notes button has been added to the View Item dialog.
The Mail Merge function and default letter template have been updated to include new fields in SalesCQ and new customer fields added in Receivables 9.0A.
Printing Quotes and the Spec Designer
When the 'Use Customer Specification' option is used, the Specification field on the print dialog became disabled. Choosing this option now leaves the field active and you can pick any specification. This means that if there is no customer spec, there is a primary fallback spec before attempting to load the secondary fallback spec in the company profile.
When printing quotes the Specification Option can now also be set to ‘Use document specification’. This choice forces the document to print using the specification saved with the quote. This is useful if you want to reprint a quote with the same specification with which it was originally printed.
When printing quotes with the Specification Option set to ‘Use customer specification’ or ‘Use document specification’ and the specification is blank in the customer or document, you can now select a specification to use on the print dialog screen. If you don’t then the default specification in the Company Profile is used. In previous versions the Company Profile was the only fallback for a blank specification on the customer.
Added Detail Tax Jurisdiction 1-5 to Section Type to support Environmental Levy on quotes.
Added new quote designer spec codes for customer, including the new name field 2 appended to the customer name, and 2 additional address lines to handle addresses requiring many fields (city, state, country and zip/postal code):
C157, Name 1 + 2
C158, address 6 (formatted)
C159, address 7 (formatted)
C164, Address line 6 (compressed)
C165, Address line 7 (compressed)
Added new spec codes to show the preferred method(s) for sending quotes for the customer. These fields can be used by PrintBoss™:
C161, Send method print
C162, Send method fax
C163, Send method email
Added spec C160, Report group, to allow printing this field on quotes.
The dimension fields (W x L x H) for the item and for its packaged dimensions added in Inventory 8.1C can now be printed on quotes using the following spec codes:
D69, Packaged length,
D70, Packaged width
D71, Packaged height
D72, Item length
D73, Item width
D74, Item height
Added new spec codes for the 15 Tax Levy fields from items in Inventory 8.1C or higher to print environmental or other levy amounts on invoices:
D81, Tax Levy 1 through D95, Tax Levy 15.
Added new spec codes for Profit and Margin:
F37, Total profit
F38, Total margin
Added new spec codes for quote header user, date and time fields:
H097, created by user
H098, created date
H099, created time
H100, last modified by user
H101, last modified date
H102, last modified time
Installs the AdagioPDF printer driver. All reports and printouts from Adagio can be printed to the AdagioPDF printer to create a PDF document in the data folder.
Supports the features in Adagio ePrint. When ePrint is installed you can print reports to PDF files in configurable folders determined by the Report Type (General, Transaction or Audit). Fields can be embedded to establish the file and folder names (User, Session Date, System Date, Time). Click the ePrint button (red "EP" icon) on any report dialog to print the report to PDF. The Paperless Reports option forces all reports to be printed to PDF. Reports can be printed to PDF and attached to an email (MAPI) with a single button click.
You can now have SalesCQ create a PDF archive of quotes you send to customers and prospects. The Company profile, Options tab, has the new option 'Archive PDF customer/prospect copy?'. If this option is turned on, when printing quotes, SalesCQ will create archive copies in the a folder called SOFTPDF under the data folder (not the Relative base folder, if it is set in Adagio ePrint). The PDF files are created regardless of whether you print to printer, file, PDF, fax, email, or screen (but not if you preview a quote). The filename for these PDFs includes the customer/prospect number, "AC", the quote number and quote revision. The conflict strategy for the archive document is overwrite.
Report Favorites allow saving Reports with specific options chosen. Click the Favorite button (a star icon) on any report dialog to create a Favorite. Favorites for a report can be accessed from the report dialog in a drop-down field. Private Favorites are yellow, Public Favorites are blue. Added Favorite Reports and Print/Delete Favorites functions to the Reports menu. Multiple favorites can be defined for the same report. Favorites can be private to the Adagio user or public for use by all users.
Report Sets allow the grouping of Report Favorites into a single print job that will run unattended. Report Sets may be printed to printer or PDF files. Report Sets may be launched from a command file or a scheduled Windows task by running tbwin.exe with the parameter /R followed by the Report Set (ex. /RMonthEnd). A progress dialog lists the reports in the Report Set, the printing status of each, the destination folder, filename and conflict strategy. A log is generated that records the printing status of each report in the set. Use Report Sets to automate the printing of all your daily or month end reports.
Added User Preferences under the File menu. It allows you to set certain options by user that were previously global, including options previously found under File | Options, Reports | Report Options and the Company Profile. Includes new options 'On Start-up', 'Alphabetically sorted field list' and 'Exclude Ranges'. The preferences can optionally be set for all users and preferences can be printed. If no individual user preferences have been set up for a user, all preferences originally set for the Adagio System Administrator, user SYS, will be used.
You can now specify a desktop background color, image and/or text constant to display on the Adagio desktop. Use this feature to display your company logo. Use the text strings to make the company name prominent on the desktop. Any JPG or other graphic image can be centered or stretched to fit on the main program desktop. These settings are made on the Appearance tab in the User Preferences function.
The option 'Auto-advance smart finder' has been added (in the User Preferences function). It controls whether the focus is on the previously found grid or on the search criteria field when the smart finder is opened. Select the option if you want focus to be on the next row in the grid, allowing you to press F6, Enter and march through the found list. Turn it off if you usually want to search by a new criteria each time the smart finder is invoked. In either case the position is advanced in the grid each time the finder is opened.
The option 'Alphabetically sorted field list' has been added (in the User Preferences function). Turn this option on if you want field lists in the Column Editor and Filters fields sorted alphabetically.
The option 'Remember report settings?' has been added (in the User Preferences function).
The option 'Close report dialog after print? has been added (in the User Preferences function). Turn this option on unless you frequently reprint reports for differing ranges or options.
Column Editor settings are now saved by grid by user by database.
Added the Excel Direct button to additional grids, including: Details tab in Edit Quotes, Quotes Inquiry, View IC Items, View IC Items with Sales and Costs, View OE Orders/Invoices/Credit Notes, and View OE History.
Alt-X now selects the Excel Direct button on grids where it is available. In previous versions you had to use the mouse to select Excel Direct.
New program icon and toolbar buttons provide a cleaner look and differentiate this new version visually. If you are installing an upgrade to 8.1C, to see the new icon you will need to edit the properties of any existing SalesCQ shortcuts, click the Change Icon button and select the new image.
Added Prospect, Quotes and History Styles and Filters to grids and finders in SalesCQ.
Customer Styles and Filters in Receivables 9.0B and higher are supported in customer grids and finders in SalesCQ.
Item Styles and Filters in Inventory 8.1C and higher are supported in customer grids and finders in SalesCQ.
Supports 'Active records only' option in the column editor for Items grids and finders.
On the Open database dialog you can now use Alt-B to open the browse and Alt-F (for Favorites) to open the previously opened list. In previous versions you had to use the mouse to select the folder buttons.
The vitalEsafe upload progress dialog has been improved and the progress bar now accurately shows the percentage. It is no longer necessary to install the vitalEsafe patch.
The Adagio menu now includes the module from which it was selected to allow you to quickly open another instance of the same module.
Most Access Violation (AV) errors are now recorded in an exception log text file. The file is located in the program folder: \softrak\acwin\acwin.error.log.
The System Status function can create a snapshot of detailed information about your Adagio installation and package it in a single zip file that can be sent to Softrak Technical Support or your Adagio dealer to assist them when answering questions or tracing problems.
The Help | About screen has been redesigned and includes a link to a documentation page for the module that shows New Features, What's New video and manuals.
The Not For Resale (NFR) version for Adagio dealers now allows future-dated Callbacks beyond the NFR expiry date.
When SalesCQ is opened after installing an upgrade, a dialog is displayed with a link to a short video highlighting the new features. The dialog is displayed for each user until they tick 'Don't show this message again'. The video also be viewed anytime by visiting the Softrak website. Note: the dialog also appears when Adagio is installed at a new site.
The Shade Color for reports found in the Report Options tab in User Preferences now uses the full color pallet rather than just 8 solid colors.
Grids and finders now display translated filed values instead of the raw data values.
The Notes window is now sizeable for customers, prospects and quotes.
Link entries have been added in the quote tables to support GETEXTERNALDATA in GridView to link from Quote Detail to Quote Header.
Adagio SalesCQ is now logging Access Violation errors in an exception log text file. The file is \softrak\acwin\acwin.error.log.
Installs a version of the Adagio Data Source (ADS) that allows the Data Integrity Check to display "Checking Index x of y" on files with multiple indexes so for large files you know it has to cycle through the records multiple times and which pass it is currently on. For example: " A/C Quote List Current 1234 of 45678 (Checking index 1 of 4)"
Installs a version of the Adagio Data Source (ADS) that prevents 4105 type errors (e.g. "Error 4105 occurred when attempting to append record to ."). A 4105 error can occur due to environment or resource locking problems when multiple users are writing to the same file. Preventing the 4105 error allows the Adagio application to continue to run, without data loss, when such problems occur. However, if there has been a problem that would previously have caused a 4105 error, the Data Integrity Check (DIC) will report an error. A rebuild in the DIC will repair the error and there should be no loss of data.
Station Logs now indicate memory information for the station or Remote Desktop Services session in these variables:
Total Memory - total Mbytes of physical memory
Available Memory- free Mbytes of physical memory
Memory Load - percent of memory in use.
Station Logs now show the bitness of the application and the station OS in the variable "Environment".
When an Adagio application is running it now prevents the station from going into sleep mode (which causes errors or causes the application to stop responding). It does this regardless of the power option settings on the station.
8.1B | 2011-03-18 (Mar '11)
Go to top Release Notes Print This
- Compatible with SalesAnalysis 9.0A. Previous versions will not open the database if SA 9.0A data is present.
- Compatible with Adagio Inventory 8.1C. In previous versions of SalesCQ adding a new item on the fly while entering quotes caused a data integrity error to be reported in Adagio Inventory.
- Added an Excel Direct button to the Scan List and Quote List grid screens.
- Added an option to sort transactions in ascending or descending order by date in the edit and view customer functions for Current or Historical transactions (but not for Both). In previous versions, transactions were always sorted ascending. Right-mouse click on the transactions grid to select the sort order.
- The customer notes grid in the customer edit and view functions can be sorted to display the most recent notes at the top by right-clicking on the grid and selecting 'Sort Descending'. The selection is remembered.
- The customer notes grid in the customer edit and view functions now remembers the 'Sort notes by' selection of User or Date/Time.
- In version 8.1B, when emailing, faxing or printing a Mail Merge from the Scan List, a customer/prospect note was not created and integrity errors in the notes files were created. The Data Integrity Check will detect and rebuild these errors.
- Specifications with a Type of 'Quote' rather than 'Any' did not show in Specification dropdown list when print quotes.
- The Ship To field in Enter Quotes did not accept lowercase codes if Receivables was 8.1A or lower.
- Email address fields in quote entry did not allow multiple addresses per field separated by a semi-colon.
- When you selected Historical transactions for Receivables on the Transactions tab in edit / view customer, loading the grid was noticeably slow across a network. In addition, if the Transactions tab was the last tab you visited in the customer, the next time you opened a customer it was noticeably slow.
- This version moves toward our goal of a more Windows 7 friendly environment for installation. If you are installing to a mapped network drive that is normally accessible, but you cannot see it during the install when attempting to select a drive or folder, you can now install by browsing to the correct folder using the Universal Naming Convention (UNC), for example \myserveraccounting. This avoids having to adjust the User Account Control settings, which requires you to restart your computer and temporarily grant Administrative privileges to the user if they are not an administrator.
- This version simplifies installation by removing any consideration of the location of the Report Tables Drive (RTD) by the install and program in virtually all cases. Therefore the install no longer prompts for the RTD.
- The install writes to the master install log file "AdagioMasterInstall.log" in the softraksystem folder. An entry is written to this log when any full, upgrade or SP for any Adagio module (with a release date of March 2011 or later) is installed. It shows the version installed and the version being replaced, the name of the Windows user who did the install and the rights for that user. An entry is also written to the log when an updated version of the Adagio Data Source (ADS) is installed, showing the version installed and the version being replaced. This log can be used to quickly determine the install history for all Adagio programs.
- When you select the 'Backup Files' option during an install, the replaced files are now saved in a subfolder named YYYYMMDD in the BACKUP folder, under the programs destination folder (rather than the BACKUP folder itself, where extensions need to be changed to .001, .002, etc. when there are multiple versions of the same file).
- The install includes an option allowing you to skip creating entries under Windows Start for cases where you will be manually creating an icon for the user to start Adagio and do not want them starting from Windows Start. During the install, uncheck the option 'Start Menu programs'. This avoids having to delete or change the Windows Start entry that would have been created.
- The install no longer checks the Opportunistic Locking setting (Oplocks) on the workstation.
- The Opportunistic Locking setting (Oplocks) on the workstation is no longer checked when the program is started.
- The System Status function in the Help menu (chksys.exe) no longer prompts you to disable Oplocks. It displays the current Oplocks setting and allows you to change it. The 'Check R/W Status', 'Check Specific Folder' function now supports UNC browse, whereas before you would have had to turn UAC off to use it.
- SetServerForAdagio and SetReportsTablesDrive utilities have been updated. The latter should virtually never be needed at an Adagio site once any Adagio module dated March 2011 or later has been installed.
8.1B | 2010-05-31 (May '10)
Go to top Release Notes Print This
The changes and improvements to Adagio SalesCQ with this release are significant. To make it easier to review the various changes
that have been made, we have grouped them by function in this release note. This release supports formatted addresses and related
features found in Adagio Receivables 9.0A, as well as adding many new features specific to SalesCQ. SalesCQ remains compatible
with earlier versions of Adagio Receivables.
- Fully compatible with Windows® 7. Supports MAPI email interface to Outlook and other mail clients on Windows 7.
- Compatible with Adagio Receivables 9.0A. Compatibility with earlier versions of Adagio Receivables is maintained. The Enter Quotes
function supports the Customer in Adagio Receivables 9.0A and associated new features where ever possible. Customer Alerts by
module and function are supported. Address blocks in quotes do not yet support the North American formatting available in Adagio
Receivables 9.0A although customer and ship-to addresses will be moved into the four unformatted address lines in the document as
- The Territory field increases from 2 to 6 characters when Receivables 9.0A is used.
- The date control has been updated to improve the speed of data entry. You can enter just the 1 or 2-character day in any date field
without having to enter the month or year. The month and year are automatically populated with the initial values from the field. For
example, if the date is 1/23/2009, typing “22” and tab changes the date to 1/22/2009. You can also enter just 4 characters for the day
and month (zeros are required) and the year will be populated. This change speeds up data entry in most cases where you need to
enter a date different than the session date or last remembered date.
- Excel Direct now has a progress bar and cancel button for use on grids with a very large number of rows.
- Supports the 'Implied decimal' option added in Ledger 9.0C (in the User Preferences function). The setting is by Adagio user, for all
companies, and when set in any Adagio module it is set for all Adagio module versions that support it. Turn the option on if you want
a decimal automatically entered before the last two digits. For example, typing 400 in an amount field and tabbing to the next field will
result in the number being changed to 4.00; typing 400.00 and tabbing to the next field will leave the number as 400.00. With the
option off, typing in 400 will result in the number being changed to 400.00 (the behavior in previous versions). Percent fields and
exchange rate fields are not affected by this setting.
- The Help | About dialog now has a 'System Info' tab showing the version and path to various DLLs used by the program.
- Excel Direct (from finders, smart finders and from grids in some modules) can be configured to export an ASCII CSV file (instead of
sending data direct to Excel) and start an application that automatically opens the file. This allows export when Excel is not installed
and provides support for other spreadsheets such as OpenOffice.org. Note that unlike Excel Direct there is no formatting with CSV.
To enable this functionality, entries must be made manually in the file softraksystemssi2xl.ini. Refer to the Configuring Excel Direct
to Export to CSV section for details.
- Removed field verification option.
- The Help Menu has been modified to allow the user to launch the Adagio System Status utility (chksys.exe) and print the Adagio
Lanpak registration form.
- Emailing setup (“reply to” etc) is now stored by company and optionally by user. The SYS user can copy settings to all users for a
company. The default E-mail port number 25 can now be changed to another port if necessary when sending directly. Some ISP
require use of port number 587 for SMTP transfers. Emails will now have the correct transmission time regardless of e-mail client.
- Moved fax queue from QIFAX to generic filename starting with SD that is shared by all Adagio modules that send faxes.
- You can have database fields in the email subject line in Email covers. For example you may want to include a contact name when
emailing an invoice to a generic email address for a customer or you may want to include the amount of the invoice.
- Adagio GridView 9.0A or higher is opened from the Adagio menu, Adagio OrderEntry will be displayed as the first line on the Select
Module screen so you do not need to scroll down to find it.
- WebSafe changed to vitalEsafe™ in the Backup function to reflect the 3rd party name change.
- The Adagio Open Data Dialog has been significantly improved. The Previously Opened database list is now saved by Adagio User
rather than for all users. The first time an existing user or a new user logs into Adagio SalesCQ 8.1B they will be asked “Would you
like your historical company access list set up?” Answer yes to have all entries from the Previously Opened list from your prior use of
SalesCQ copied for your use. The Open Data screen and Previously Opened database list now show the date the database was last
opened by the user. You may also elect to have Adagio save your Adagio User Id and Password and default them when logging into
Adagio. The saved information is based on your Windows authenticated user name. This option may be turned off by editing
softraksystemADS.INI and adding the lines:
- Options have been added to open functions when the program starts up, including edit customer, edit prospect, scan list and quotes.
- Adagio SalesCQ will optionally create a backup of related data whenever a Data Integrity Check completes without errors. It will also
offer to create a backup of a database prior to applying any “fix” as a result of the “Rebuild” option being selected to repair damaged
data. Backup details are written to the log file. The multi-currency files for single currency databases are now backed up when you
backup a ‘Complete Dataset’.
Import / Export
- Old formats such as Lotus, Dbase and Clipper that are almost never used any more have been removed from import / export
templates, leaving Excel, ASCII CSV (Delimited), ASCII Fixed Length and PSV Delimited. The old formats may be manually turned
back on for sites that need them, but support for these other formats is no longer available. We recommend moving your import files
to CSV if you are using one of these obsolete formats. See the Upgrading section below for details.
- If there are errors during any import function, the error message dialog displaying the error (e.g. "Errors have been written to the log
file C:softrakdataxxIMPERR.ddd.") now allows you to view or print the log file.
- Scan Lists can now be imported.
- Prospect Notes can now be imported and exported.
- The Expected Ship Date can now be imported on detail lines in quotes.
Customers / Prospects
- Added an Excel Direct button to various grids, including Edit / View Customer and the customer transactions tab for Receivables,
OrderEntry, Invoices and Time&Billing transactions. Added to the Edit / View Prospects grid. Use the 'Enable SF Export' option in
Edit User to enable or disable the Excel Direct button.
- Edit and View Customers functions include all new features found in customers in Receivables 9.0A.
- Edit and View Prospect functions include many of the new features found in customers in Receivables 9.0A, including multiple
contacts / shipto addresses per prospect.
- Splitter bars have been added on all screens in Edit/View Customer that have 2 or more grids, to allow you to size each of the grids
individually. The ratio is maintained when sizing the entire screen. The setting is remembered.
Edits / Inquiries
- SalesCQ includes enhancements to the item inquiry function added in Adagio Inventory 8.1B, including sizing screens and Alt Keys
on tabs. When you edit or view an IC item you can see the purchase orders in Purchase Orders for Adagio. Edit/View Items now
remembers the tab you were last on and uses that when first opening another record.
- Copy Callbacks, Reasons, and Text places you directly in the edit for the newly created record.
- The options ‘Enable SF Export’ and ‘Enable SF Printing’ have been added to the Edit User screen to allow you to disable Excel
Direct in Smart Finders to help safeguard your sales data, customer list and other information in your database.
- An Items tab has been added to the Display OrderEntry History function to allow inquire by item.
- Display OrderEntry current and history functions now remember the tab you were last on and use that when opening another record.
- Option to sort quotes in reverse order (recent/highest at the top). To use this option, set ‘Reverse order of quote list’ on the Options
tab in the Company Profile.
- The Enter Quotes function supports look up of customer or prospect by name and phone number when entering a new document.
- The edit quote screen is now sizeable. This allows more detail lines to be shown on the screen at one time.
- When the Quote date is edited, the Expected close date and the Expiry date are updated automatically.
- The Territory can be defaulted from the Ship-to Address if Receivables 9.0A is used.
- The Salesperson can be defaulted from the Ship-to Address if Receivables 9.0A is used.
- A new feature of Adagio Inventory 8.1B allows editing the Category code on an alternate price list item to be different than the
category for the master item. This category is now used when the alternate item is entered on a quote and is transferred to the order
in OrderEntry, allowing for revenue and cost of goods distribution by Price List.
- When the Costing Unit for an item is different than the Pricing Unit, the unit cost was in the Costing Unit of the item, instead of the
Pricing Unit. The Extended Cost was correct and the costing in the GL was correct if the quote was ultimately posted as an invoice in
OrderEntry. If you used GridView or a specification driven document to show the Unit Price and Unit Cost of an detail, the cost could
be significantly different and appear wrong, as compared to the price. The Unit Cost and the display cost are now converted to the
Pricing Unit. This way the order entry clerk can compare "apples to apples". This change has been made for new quotes entered.
In some cases, if the units of an Alternate price list item were different than the master item units, the wrong Cost Unit was displayed.
If you have items that use user-define costing, where the Pricing Unit does not match the Costing Unit, you should revise the cost.
Note: If your Pricing and Costing Units are always the same, none of this applies to you and can be ignored.
- For Standard cost items, including Alternate price list items, the unit cost is now always the Standard Cost.
- Supports the ‘Active’ flag in customers in Receivables 9.0A. When you attempt to create a quote for an inactive customer a warning
will be displayed. The warning prompt allows you to make the customer active or cancel entry of the quote.
- SalesCQ supports the option ‘Always use special price?’ in the Company Profile, System Options tab of OrderEntry. Use this option
to force the special price by item or category to be used for the customer even if that price is not the lowest price. For example where
additional services or equipment are supplied, or broken package costs are reflected.
- The Territory can be defaulted from the Ship-to Address if Receivables 9.0A is used. Note: leave the Territory blank in the Ship-to
Address if you want Adagio SalesAnalysis to track sales by Bill-to rather than Ship-to for quotes sent to OrderEntry.
- The Salesperson can be defaulted from the Ship-to Address if Receivables 9.0A is used. Note: leave the Salesperson blank in the
Ship-to Address if you want Adagio SalesAnalysis to track sales by Bill-to rather than Ship-to for quotes sent to OrderEntry.
- It is now possible to automatically add a flat or percentage surcharge for items and print a total of such charges on a quote. For
example, recycling fees on electronics are required by the Ontario Environmental Stewardship program. To accomplish this, for a flat
fee, define a Tax Jurisdiction for it in the Tax Group, specifying an Account/Department to track the fee for reporting purposes. Set
the tax base for the Jurisdiction and set the ‘On invoice as’ option as ‘Total'. Set the rate to a very high amount so the fee will always
be charged. Note: printing the surcharge in the details section is not supported.
- When entering a quote, the Prices button will optionally display the historical purchases of an item and its price to a customer from
- The Expected Ship Date can now be entered on each item line on a quote and printed on quotes using specification code D68,
Expected Ship Date.
- Adagio SalesCQ will now optionally remember the last line type entered when auto-add items on quotes is enabled and the new
option ‘Remember line type’ is set in File | Options.
- Fields added to quote header: Created by User, Created Date, Created Time, Last Updated by User, Last Updated Date, Last
Updated Time. All these new fields can be shown in Adagio GridView.
Printing Quotes and the Spec Designer
- New toolbar icons in the Order Designer provide a cleaner look and differentiate this new version visually.
- The Designer supports UNC paths. If you open Invoices data with a UNC path (rather than a mapped drive) then the Open Quote
Specification dialog changes and does not have a folder view but uses a browse instead. In previous versions the dialog gave an
error. If a mapped network drive is used the dialog is the same as in previous versions.
- New specification codes, including formatted addresses, have been added to the Quote Designer:
C145, address 1 (formatted)
C145, address 1 (formatted)
C145, address 1 (formatted)
C145, address 1 (formatted)
C145, address 1 (formatted)
C150, Name (line 2)
C154, Comments 2
C156, Salesman name
D68, Expected Ship Date
- There is a new way to extend vertical lines through the Detail section(s) specifications. Place the vertical line object at the position
where it should begin printing, right click and select ‘Extend Thru Detail’.
- Added 'Report Preview Options' in the File | Options function to allow you to set the default preview zoom factor (percentage) and
preview window state (full screen or partial screen) for previewing reports to screen. These settings are saved by workstation. Note:
this applies to previewing reports only (but not previewing invoices or credit notes).
- A Printer Setup button has been added to the print preview window. This allows you to select a different printer after previewing a
Adagio SalesCQ issues fixed
- Items using Markup pricing calculated the price based on most recent cost rather than the standard cost.
- Editing items on an existing quote refreshes the cost for the quote line.
- The expected close date of a new quote was determined based on the session date rather than the quote date.
- The quote specification code H31 (Tax group description) printed H30 (Tax group code) instead.
- If you changed the Tax Status in a prospect, all further edits of prospects showed the Tax Status from the first prospect edited rather
than their own Tax Status, but only if you had not first edited a customer during the session. The same problem occurred for the
Customer Type field.
- The Total Amount field in email covers now includes tax.
- When an email is send with the "send now" option rather than adding it to the email queue the database fields were not merged in
the email cover sheet.
- When you do created a new quote specification in the designer the default sections were not created automatically.
- The Callback Date was blank in the Scan List grid for Customers in most cases. This has been corrected. Note that if there is more
than one callback for a customer or prospect, only the first one appears on the grid.
- The correct details for the quote selected on the Transactions tab did not display in the Edit and View Customer functions in some
- When an imported quote included that Shipto Code the Shipto Address was not looked up and the customer's main address was
used on the quote.
- Quote Notes always showed from the first quote viewed in the View Quotes function.
- The Unit Cost and Extended Cost were wrong in the quote if the Pricing and Costing units were different (costs were correct if the
quote was transferred to an order).
- The specification codes D59 - Optional Date 1 and D60 Optional Date 2 IC items did not print unless some other specification code
for IC item fields was used on the quote specification.
- When an order was restored from History, the Unit Cost on the detail screen was not refreshed.
- The list of printers available from Windows is now refreshed immediately before printing reports and forms such as invoices. When a
user with a shared local printer logs in under Terminal Services the list of printers available to Windows changes because one more
printer has in effect been added. If other users were in Adagio applications this resulted in the selected printer being changed in
Adagio in some cases. If the user did not notice this and reselect the correct printer before printing then their report or form randomly
and unexpectedly printed on a different printer.
- When you size a screen containing a grid, the size is automatically adjusted so that an entire line will be visible for the last grid line.
This corrects a problem where double-clicking on a partially displayed last line selected a different line than the one intended.
- A Separator character other than the comma character was not saved in import / export templates.
- The Import Orders function did not correctly handle the Ship-to code field in version 8.1B. When only the Ship-to code was imported
on the “S” line, the Ship-to address lines on the order were not loaded from the Ship-to file.
- The Most Recent Cost is used in quotes instead of the Moving Average Cost (MAC) where the costing method of the item was
Moving Average items if the MAC quantity is zero or negative.
- Under File | Options added new options ‘Auto add items on quotes’ and ‘Auto edit items on quotes’.
- The Most Recent Cost was used in quotes where the costing method of the item was Moving Average and this was reflected on the
Profit Analysis report. The Moving Average Cost is now used. Note that the MRC is used for LIFO and FIFO.
- The cost stored in quote lines extended the stocking unit rather than the alternate unit. This was reflected on the Profit Analysis
- The Profit Analysis report showed the Margin as 100 times too big on multi-currency databases.
- The Quote List report now uses Quantity Quoted instead of Quantity Originally Quoted.
- The text on Item details was not being displayed in the Customer transactions drilldown to Adagio Invoices.
- Deleting a customer from SalesCQ resulted in an error in some cases when OE data was present and the OE program was 8.0A
(2005.04.19) or older.
- Mail Merge gave an error if the letter did not contain any merge fields.
- The Quantity Originally Quoted is set to the quantity entered rather than zero for lines added to an existing quote.
- When editing an existing quote to add new items the Unit Cost was displayed correctly for the first item added but displayed zero for
any further items that were added.
- The Tax Status dropdown on the Edit Detail screen on quotes used the Customer Tax Status for Items and Miscellaneous Charges
instead of the Item Tax Status. In the case of Miscellaneous Charges the wrong Tax Status was used in the quote, and depending on
your tax table, this could cause the wrong tax to be calculated.
- Email address field verification now allows special characters: '!', '#', '$', '%', '&', '*', '+', and '~'.
- The time sent on email using the Direct method was always set to UTC (GMT) and was not adjusted for the local time zone.
- If an item uses the Standard Costing method, it is writing the wrong cost to the quote header and detail if a Price List is used on the
8.1A | 2008-03-14 (Mar '08)
Go to top Release Notes Print This
- Compatible with Windows® VistaT.
- Compatible with Adagio Lanpak 9.0A. Upgrades to all Adagio modules require the Lanpak to be the currently shipping version at the time of the release of the new version.
- Contents of disabled fields are shown in blue rather than dimmed gray. This may be easier to read on some monitors at higher resolutions.
- Adagio download files, installs, workstation installs, all workstation install (\softrak\allwkst\allwkst.exe), programs and the Adagio Check System utility (chksys.exe) are now signed with a digital certificate using VeriSign to allow you to verify the Publisher is Softrak Systems Inc.
- Vista does not support the old style Windows Help (.HLP files). All .HLP files were converted to compiled HTML help (.CHM files), which are supported by Vista.
- For security reasons Windows does not permit .CHM help files to be run from a network drive. This is true in XP as well as Vista. The .CHM files must be run from a local drive. Adagio 8.1A installs all .CHM help files to your local hard drive and loads them from there. The workstation install also copies .CHM files to the local drive.
- When switching window/task in Vista with Alt-Tab or the new Flip 3D (Windows-Tab) an image of the current Adagio screen is shown rather than just the icon of the Adagio program.
- You can now backup Adagio data in zip form to WebSafe, a web-based storage facility. WebSafe is a service which allows you to store your important information in a secure location that you can access from anywhere in the world. See www.websafe.com for details.
- The formatting of dates and text sent to Excel from Smart Finder results has been improved.
- Printer Setup button added to the print preview window. Allows you to select a different printer after previewing a report.
- The Smart Finder speed has been improved by a factor of 2 to 10 times when the database is on a network drive.
- Adagio Contacts now includes a complete quote management system for customers or prospects. To reflect this major addition the name of the product has been changed to Adagio SalesCQ. The "CQ" in the product name stands for "Contacts" and "Quotes".
- Create and manage quotes, sending them to Adagio OrderEntry when the quotation is accepted. Management reports remind you of quotes about to expire. Confidence levels and quote statuses assist in inventory planning. Analyze lost sales by reason. Keep quotation templates on file to speed data entry. Retrieve any order or invoice to generate a new quote for repeat business. Quotes can also be imported.
- Enter quotes while orders are being finalized with your customer. Quotes do not commit inventory, and there is no risk of accidentally shipping an incorrect or partial order. Quotes contain complete, customer specific pricing, and include all tax calculations for pricing confirmation.
- Track quote revisions, and record notes and comments on a quote while the sales cycle is progressing. Purge expired quotes. Automatically purge prospect information when no quotes exist for the prospect. Import quotations from other systems.
- General reports added: Callback Codes, Customer Notes, Prospect Notes, and Scan List Notes.
- Analysis reports added: Customer List and Statistics, Prospect List and Statistics, and Scan List. The Scan List report allows you to report on what is left to do.
- Edit Customer now supports Adagio Invoices 8.0A on the Transactions tab. Unlike Edit Customer in other Adagio modules, in SalesCQ provides full drill-down to Adagio Invoices with screens, not just transaction grids.
- You can now have multiple scan lists per company, per user. The option for local Scan lists has been removed. Local Scan lists could not be accessed by GridView or Crystal Reports for Adagio, and were not included in backups. See important information regarding local scan lists in the section 'Upgrading to this Version' below.
- You can now email to prospects and customers from the Scan List.