Adagio Ledger 9.2B 2017-02-18 (Feb. 18, 17)
· Print the Trial Balance and Detail Listing reports to Excel using ExcelDirect.
· Added ExcelDirect buttons to the batches, entries and details grids.
· Added an option to print a General Ledger Distribution Summary on the Posting Journals.
· Added a subtotal of Units by period on the GL Detail Listing.
· All Fiscal Period finders now show all 12 (or 13) periods.
· Added a Find to the Edit Departments function.
· Updated for Adagio Cloud.
· The finder on the GL Department field is now restricted to the departments for the account selected.
· The GL Department Description is now available to be added to the GL Account finder with the Column Editor.
Enhancements in Financial Reporter
· New SmartSheet commands “.Sort”, “.SortCase” and “.SortEnd” are available to sort a section of a financial statement into alphabetical (or some other) order.
· The new Header/Footer code “$G” is now available to print the UTC date and time in the section.
· Expression Notepad added to improve the entry of complex formulas.
· "Pin" fiscal periods and Department choices so that they are applied to every sheet in the financial statement.
· Conditional cell formatting using Styles and the formula editor.
· Allow an arbitrary selection of fiscal periods from the currently selected and previous years to sum amounts. Net Changes, Budgets, Forecasts, Statistical Units and Provisionally posted amounts can now be easily summed over arbitrary fiscal periods.
· GLUPDATE() has an optional additional parameter to select the Budget Year to update. "1" updates the previous year's budget figures.
· When drilling down into transactions, the displayed Grid will be banded according to the User Preference settings for color and banding frequency.
And these changes were made in earlier versions:
· Adagio module buttons on the toolbar. Buttons are selectable and movable.
· Adagio Ledger now logs user activity within the module. Audit logs may be viewed with GridView.
· Edit grids display the total number of records, as well as a count of the displayed records when a Filter is active.
· Account Filters can now be displayed in Style Priority sequence.
· Grids may be “banded” with a User Selectable color and banding frequency. Added an Ignore Style Color button on edit grids.
· Account Groups can now be added to the Account Group table.
· When viewing the details of a transaction, you can display the PDF of the form that created the transaction if Adagio ePrint is installed.
· Retrieve transactions from subledgers now allows the creation of multiple batches by either Posting Sequence or subledger batch.
· You can now post transactions while the View Transactions or Financial Reporter are open.
· The Posted Transactions file structure has changed, allowing immediate viewing of entries in the View Transaction/Budgets function and in drill-down within the Financial Reporter at any time.
· Individual entries can now be inserted in batches.
· Uses the current version of the Crystal Reports runtime engine to view and print reports.
· The GL Detail Listing now permits fiscal ranges that span fiscal years. It now displays the option to include the closing amounts on any report that includes period 12. The report will print on a single page if only one account is listed. You can suppress the individual transactions from being listed on the report if desired to just print out the net change amounts between periods.
Enhancements in Financial Reporter
· You can now open the Financial Reporter from its own shortcut.
· New toolbar buttons have been added to generate double underlines and fixed position dollar signs.
· “Auto-hide” columns automatically if all the amounts in it 0.00.
· Arbitrary departments can now be grouped together as a Department List.
· Department Custom Ranges can be created in Statement Groups to print a statement for each department in the range.
· Statement Groups can now be separated into sections, making it easier to organize them.
· The entire financial statement is now calculated when it is loaded. The entire statement can now be scrolled through without delays as cells are recalculated.
· The field “Amt – Source” is available for display in the transaction drill down.
· The financial reporter will now auto-save a statement if you have been working on it for a long time.
· Inactive departments can now be suppressed from the View | Department pane.
· Inactive accounts will be suppressed if they have no balance or have no transactions posted in the fiscal year being printed.
Version 9.1A | 2014-02-21 (Feb. 21, 14)
Enhancements and revisions in Adagio Ledger 9.1A (2013.05.23)
Locate a transaction anywhere in the general ledger by description, reference, amount or any field stored within the transaction.
When Viewing an individual transaction, always have the full, balanced journal entry available in the display. In the financial reporter, drill down from an individual transaction to see the balanced entry.
View, Reprint or Recover any batch from the Batch Status Inquiry grid. Automatically print the posting journal for posted batches.
Post to any year, with account balances automatically rolled forward as required. Prior year postings can always be identified within the general ledger transactions, making it easy to highlight and isolate these special posting runs.
Automatically force general ledger Account and Department codes to uppercase.
Restrict the subsidiary ledgers that are allowed to post to a specific account.
Automatically discard $0.00 transactions generated by subsidiary ledgers.
Print a Trial Balance summarized to the Account level.
Styles and Filters are available to display accounts in different colors and Filter accounts that meet specific criteria. Use Colors to instantly identify miscoded accounts.
Report Favorites allow saving Reports with specific options chosen.
Report Sets allow the grouping of Report Favorites and Statement Groups into a single print job that will run unattended, and may be launched from a command file. A log is generated that records the printing status of each report in the set. Use Report Sets to automate the printing of all your month end reports.
Import Budgets now supports importing a single annual budget figure and automatically allocating the amount of 12 or 13 periods.
Import all tables, including account reallocations and departments.
AdagioPDF printer is available to print posting journals and batch listings to PDF files. Adagio Ledger fully supports the features in Adagio ePrint (available soon).
Validate Optional Fields against user defined tables.
ExcelDirect a Financial Statement Group without leaving the Ledger.
Set the Reference and/or Description of a batch to constant text when copying or moving a batch.
And in the Financial Reporter
“Fit to page” for either rows or columns in a statement.
Hide Inactive Departments from the department View or drop down and will be skipped during the Departmental Print function.
Store Hyperlinks a financial statement cell and send them to Excel using ExcelDirect.
Protect Excel Workbooks to protect against inadvertent changes.
Version 9.0C | 2011-01-31 (Jan. 31, 11)
In Adagio Ledger:Batch entry and management has been greatly improved. You can recover a batch that was previously posted or deleted. When copying a batch, you can elect to have the fiscal period automatically assigned, based on the current fiscal calendar. Batches may be marked as “auto-reversing”, and each entered transaction will be automatically reversed effective the first day of the next period when the batch is posted. During batch entry, the options “auto advance” and “visit amounts first” greatly improve the speed of transaction entry, especially editing of recurring batches where only the amount changes each month. All batch entry options are now saved by user between sessions. “This year” and “Next year” batch control forms can now be assigned different colors to prevent inadvertent entry of transactions into the wrong year. Users can now post batches without requiring people to exit from other, non-related functions such as batch entry. A company profile option is now available to skip the second description during data entry. Users may still “click” to the field if necessary.
File | User preferences allow users to tailor the appearance and behavior of Adagio Ledger screens and reports. Users can control the appearance of the toolbar and status bar and whether they are displayed. The company background color setting is now saved by user. The user can now have the Adagio SmartFinder auto-advance the selected record between invocations, or position the cursor for a new query. The auto-advance option allows easy traversal of specific lists of accounts to perform a specific function. “On startup do…” settings are now saved by user. Individual users can now choose “Implied decimal entry” of dollar amounts for those users wishing the entry of “436” to result in “4.36” being entered for dollar fields. This entry is global to all Adagio modules with the User preferences menu choice. All other choices are stored by company.
Budget and Forecast figures can be locked by a setting in the company profile. This prevents inadvertent changes to numbers in Adagio Ledger without having to implement module security. When entering annual budget amounts, the default amount for new accounts is $0.00, rather than the amount of the previous entry.
The View Transactions/Budgets screen now allows you to hide inactive accounts from the displayed grid. Accounts with transactions in a fiscal year will always be displayed, even if the account is marked inactive.
Financial Report Statement Groups can be printed directly from Adagio Ledger, without launching the financial reporter.
ExcelDirect buttons have been added to most screens displaying a grid. A progress bar and cancel button will be available when sending large quantities of data to Excel. Most screens have been made re-sizeable to accommodate more information in grid displays. The ExcelDirect button can be set to launch other applications (such as Open Office) instead of Excel on specific workstations, if desired.
In the Financial ReporterDirect updating of Budget and/or Forecast figures is now possible from within the Financial Reporter. The function =GLUPDATE(spec code, account, amount) allows you to create your budget figures from spreadsheet based calculation amounts derived from your general ledger and write those numbers directly to the budget or forecast “buckets”. The specification code must refer to a single budget/forecast fiscal period, and the account must be a specific account-department pair. Only the “last” set of budget figures can be updated in this manner – the “current year” or “next year” budgets if they have been created.
Version 9.0B | 2009-07-13 (Jul. 13, 09)
- Edit Budgets and Forecasts entry has been significantly improved to speed the entry of these figures. Speed keys are available on the entry form to quickly change an option. Budget calculation methods are remembered on an account basis, and the budget calculation method is automatically changed as you "step" through the chart of accounts. If a method results in new budget or forecast figures being calculated, then the new figures are displayed in red and the caption on the OK button changes to "Apply".
- You can now make a department "Inactive" and automatically mark all the associated account-department records Inactive.
- A new function, Clone company, will allow you to quickly duplicate a general ledger chart of accounts and financial statements for a new entity. Accounts are created with no transactions and no opening balances.
- Creating your first or a new department has been improved by allowing you to multi-select the accounts from your entire chart for inclusion with the department.
- Supports retrieval of subledger batches where the accounting date is different from the document date (a feature of Adagio Receivables V9.0A).
- You can now specify that certain retrievals and imports be processed automatically at module start-up.
- Reports now allow you to exclude inactive accounts. The Trial Balance report includes the total debits and credits from excluded accounts. Accounts with activity that nets to zero are now excluded from the Trial Balance. Users can be prevented from purging the posting journal accidentally during the year.
- A new option in batch entry automatically calculates the balancing entry for a transaction and positions the cursor in the correct field.
- When editing the fiscal calendar, the starting date of the next fiscal period is automatically set to the ending date of the previous period plus one day.
- Copying an account allows control of the copying of Notes, Budgets, Forecasts, Reallocations and currency buckets. You can easily copy budgets to forecasts and vice-versa.
- You can no longer change the type of an account (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Retained Earnings) when doing so would result in problems.
- Adagio Ledger will automatically generate a batch description when a new batch is created. Batch description text can include the user, date and time of creation in the description. The batch description can still be edited.
- You can now unpost batches from "Next Year" as well as re-value a multi-currency Ledger in the "Next" year. You can also specify that subledger batches be retrieved into a specific period in the "Next" year, once it has been created.
- The Adagio log on process has been improved. The user can be identified through their Windows authenticated user ID using the “remember user name” and “remember password” options on the log in dialog. The Previously Opened database list is now saved by Adagio User rather than for all users. The Previously Opened list also displays the date the data was last accessed by the user.
- Date entry has been improved by recognizing a single number as a day and defaulting the month and year of the entry. Four digit numbers default the year. Entering “12” into the date control with the sign-on date being Feb 26, 2008 will result in February 12, 2008 being returned to the application.
- Adagio Ledger will optionally create a backup of related data whenever a Data Integrity Check completes without errors. Adagio Ledger will always create a backup of a database prior to applying any “fix” as a result of the “Rebuild” option being selected to repair damaged data. Backup details are written to the log file.
Version 9.0A | 2008-04-02 (Apr. 2, 08)
- Budgets and Forecasts (2 separate buckets with security), allow annual budgets to be "frozen", and then a second set can be used to make any necessary adjustments during the year. Forecast and budget figures for a new year can be entered or imported before the current year is closed. Data entry of budgets and forecasts has been significantly improved.
- "Soft" Year End. Open your next fiscal year to receive transactions as soon as they occur, without having to close your current year. Retrieved transactions from subsidiary ledgers will be automatically assigned to the correct fiscal period (when retrieving to the period based on the date of the transaction). Batches and posting sequences for the new year begin at 1. You can post transactions to the current or prior year, or to the current and next year when the new year has been opened. Transactions posted to the prior year can be posted to fiscal period 14 to leave prior period comparatives unchanged. Closing a year does not delete the detailed transactions, so a general ledger detailed listing can be printed for any year and or period for which transactions exist.
- Multiple Years of History including transactions and budgets are now supported. Closing a year does not clear the transactions for the year being closed. Detail transactions are available for drill down in the financial reporter, and G/L detail listings can be printed for prior years. Prior years can be retrieved from backups of Adagio Ledger or ACCPAC® Plus™ databases. Once prior year data is retrieved, it is not included in further integrity checks done in Adagio Ledger V9.0A.
- View GL Entry displays all transactions that made up an entry (unless consolidated). View Account Transactions has Debit and Credit columns instead of one column with positive and negative amounts. An Amount field is also available in Column Editor and GridView if you do not want to separate debit and credits.
- User and date stamp fields have been added on batch entries. Use the Column Editor to select the 'Date Edited' and 'User Edited' fields.
- Inactive accounts can be hidden on grids and Finders.
- Ready to Post indicator on batches. Selecting a range of batches to Post will skip those with this indicator set "off". Company profile options control the default setting for this flag when batches are created. You cannot post an out of balance batch regardless of the setting of this flag.